Frequently Asked Questions
- How quickly can you deliver?
For in stock items, we can do same day ship-outs for those customers that request rush orders. We must receive your order before noon (CST) if you would like the item shipped out that same day. The shipping speeds we offer are Next Day, 2-Day Air, 3-Day or Ground for domestic shipments, while international shipments typically take shipping companies a few business days to deliver. For items that are not in stock, the delivery schedule will vary based on the item. Please contact our sales team to inquire whether a material is in stock.
- What shipping companies do you use? Can you ship 'freight collect'?
We can use UPS, FedEx or DHL - whichever you prefer. Yes, we can ship 'freight collect' against your account with any of these shipping companies.
- Are there any other costs?
Beyond product costs and shipping costs, we do not charge any fees. The only exception is when a shipment contains a hazardous material and is shipped 'freight collect'. Then a small handling fee will apply. Note that your country's customs may impose taxes / fees / duties; these are not our responsibility.
- Can you draw up a quote / proforma invoice for me?
Yes, our sales team can provide official quotes for you. However, you must first specify the billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number and shipping method (i.e., shipping speed, whether or not it is shipping 'freight collect', etc.). We cannot create an accurate quote without this information.
- Do you accept purchase orders?
We accept purchase orders from customers that have a credit history with us, or have supplied us with one. You can fax, e-mail or mail the purchase order to us (see our contact section for more information). Please make sure the purchase order has both the company/institution letterhead and authorized signature on it. Also, you must specify the billing address, shipping address, contact person, e-mail address, phone number and shipping method. For international orders: please do not submit purchase orders written in languages other than English.
- How can I pay for my order?
We accept three different ways to pay for your orders:
- Credit Card: We accept all the major credit cards - VISA, MasterCard and American Express. We recommend this as the best way to make your purchases with us, since it allows us to ship your products promptly. NanoAmor secures all credit card information.
- Check: Please make your check payable to "Nanostructured & Amorphous Materials, Inc.", and mail it to the address listed on the invoice.
- Wire Transfer: To arrange for a direct bank transfer, please e-mail our accounting department for our bank account details (NanoAmor charges $20 for all wire transfer transactions).
- Does NanoAmor offer discounts?
Yes, we offer a 3% discount for academic research. In order to qualify for this discount, the receiver must agree to:
- Provide feedback as to characterization information of the nanoparticles. (Essentially, if you measure a property that's not currently listed on our website, we'd like to know about it.)
- Send us a copy of any publications that use the material. (Simply e-mailing a PDF copy of the published paper is fine.)
- Mention our company as the material supplier in any publications. Since this is standard scientific practice when writing a paper, it should not pose a difficulty.
- The value of the order is greater than $100.
- Can you custom-manufacture a product for me?
If there is a nanoparticle that we do not have in stock, then yes, it is generally possible for us to get it produced for you. We would do a custom manufacturing run to produce it. However, this approach is typically only suitable for our industrial customers, since it usually requires (a) a minimum of kg-sized quantities ordered, (b) thousands of dollars of overhead costs, and (c) months of lead time. If interested, please e-mail sales with details of what you are looking for.
- If a material is currently in stock, can you 'reserve' it for me?
Not in all cases. Our materials are sold with priority given to customers whose payment we receive first, and whose delivery instructions we receive first. Thus, if payment delays or shipping-communication delays are preventing us from completing your order, another customer may get priority.
- Why does my invoice not show the shipping cost?
Please do not confuse the customs declaration invoices with the end-user invoices. For international orders, we are required to put on the outside of the package a customs declaration detailing the product costs. These are copies meant for the customs agents only, but they sometimes mistakenly do not take all copies, which causes confusion for the end-user. Please note that we send separate end-user invoices, complete with shipping costs, via air-mail. Typically, you will receive your invoice 1-2 weeks after the package arrives. So, if you do receive a customs declaration invoice, simply ignore it, and wait for the end-user invoice to arrive.
- Will shipping costs ever change?
We do our best to make sure that the published shipping rates are what you will be charged. However, in some rare cases the shipping costs will differ significantly from what we list on the website. In these cases, we will contact customers individually to discuss re-invoicing.
Sales Terms & Conditions
- Technical Documents: Our products page contains the technical descriptions such as the Certificate of Analysis (COA), Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) images and X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) patterns. The buyer and/or user must double-check these web descriptions before the order is placed. Some variations of the specifications are acceptable, unless the category is restricted (e.g., heavy metal level). Note that any items marked with an asterisk, that is, with *, are hazardous.
2.1 For institutional purchase orders, the payment in United State Dollars (USD) is due 30 days from the date of shipping invoice, unless otherwise stated. For any overdue payments, the buyer will be obligated to pay a delay fee at 1.5% of the outstanding amount each month.
2.2 On the payment, please reference Vendor's order ID number (the invoice number) that was assigned to you by NanoAmor.
2.3 For check and money order, please make it payable to "Nanostructured & Amorphous Materials, Inc.", and mail it to the mailing address listed on the invoice.
2.4 For wire transfers, please send us an e-mail requesting our bank account details, or refer to information on the reverse side of the invoice that was mailed out to you.
2.5 The proforma invoice amount that is due must be paid in advance. The balance is due 30 days from the date of shipping invoice, unless otherwise stated.
2.6 Credit cards are usually applicable for orders less than $1,000.00, though our web store does accept larger sums. Please check with your credit card issuer regarding any limits associated with large online payments.
2.7 Irrevocable Letter of Credit is usually required for any order larger than $5,000.00, unless otherwise stated on the quote.
- Vendor's Corporation Information: you may require this information for the US' W-9 form.
Company Name: Nanostructured & Amorphous Materials, Inc.
Federal Taxpayer Identification Number (EIN): 85-0482935
Company Type: Corporation
- Shipping, Insurance & Handling (S&H): All of the listed prices are FOB Houston. In addition to these listed product price, each order is subject to a shipping and handling fee for shipping and insurance, if applicable. This value will vary based on the speed of the shipping services and the countries or regions to which the orders will be shipped. A hazardous materials handling fee may also be applied, as part of the S&H costs. All hazardous materials are clearly marked on our website by their UN number (their hazardous material transportation identification number). There are no handling fees for non-hazardous orders; however, there will be a vendor handling fee for all hazardous orders using the buyer's shipping account. A vendor handling fee for a freight collect domestic order is $20. Additionally, a vendor handling fee for a freight collect international order is $40.
- Taxes and Customs Charges:
5.1 All orders from Texas, USA, are subject to a sales tax. This sales tax will be automatically charged, and indicated on your invoice.
5.2 Any sales taxes, excise taxes, duties, customs fees, inspection/testing fees, or any other taxes, fees or charges of any nature whatsoever, imposed by any governmental authority, on or measured by the transaction collected by the related authority must be paid by buyer. If you have exemption status on any of these taxes, fees or charges, you must provide, at the time the order is submitted, the exemption certificate or other document acceptable to the authority imposing the tax, fee or charge.
- Warranties: The seller warrants that its products shall conform, in a reasonable manner, to the description of said products, as provided to the buyer by the seller through the seller's website, catalog, analytical data or other literature of the seller. The buyer assumes all risk and liability resulting from use of the products delivered hereunder, whether used singly or in combination with other products, as the risks associated with nanomaterials are not known, and still subject to developing research findings. Due to the unpredictability of product customization, the lead time maybe longer than the one initially quoted.
- Product Specifications: The seller reserves the right to change product specifications without prior notice to the buyer. The buyer assumes all risk and liability resulting from any issues arising from these specification changes, and will not hold the buyer liable for damages.
- Return shipments: Shipments ordered can be returned only after a written authorization from vendor has been granted; returns must be within 30 days of the receipt of the shipment. All the returned items are subject to the restocking charge of 30% total product price. The buyer must pay all the shipping charges. This policy is not applicable to any items that have been opened or used.
- Cancellation: An order that has been delayed for more than one month may be cancelled. The order can be cancelled only before the order is shipped. Custom orders cannot be cancelled.
- Patent Infringements: The seller does not warrant that the use or sale of the products delivered will not infringe the claims of any United States patents or other patents covering the product itself or the use thereof in combination with other products or in the operation of any process. No information supplied by seller is intended as a recommendation for using any material in the infringement of a patent.
- Discounts: Discounted pricing is applicable when the buyer and user accept their obligation to e-mail back, within a maximum of 6 to 12 months, a copy of the test or research results in the form of a form of publication, report or memo related to the product ordered. For further details, please contact our sales department. NanoAmor will not offer discounts for orders with a value below $100
12.1. In the course of the business between the seller and the buyer should be in compliance with the terms & conditions described above known to the buyer with the quotation. For the two terms of the seller and the buyer, whichever first known each other should be applied.
12.2. In case of any disputes, both parties should first try to negotiate, and in case the negotiation is failed, should then refer to such The United States business law or the international trade laws as "The Convention of the International Sale of Goods" to reach an agreement.